Sunday, May 31, 2009

Musings from a bus somewhere in Hamilton

At this very moment, Linds and I are sitting on a "Megabus", speeding through the night towards our respective summertime adventures, and away from our home, family and friends in Toronto. Seeing all the lights dotting the shoreline from the skyway bridge reminds me just how pretty it all can be.

Anyway, what makes this bus so mega, you ask? It seems to be a combination of free wifi and total disregard for the speed limit. It's a good combination, though perhaps a little motion sickness-inducing.
In 2 hours time we'll make history as some of the first Canadians to enjoy the new border-crossing protocols at Buffalo, then head on to New York City for a few hours of fun before we part ways and I hop on a plane bound for Guayaquil.

In all, there's less than a day left before I meet my new family for the next three months!
I hope they have cats. And a spare bicycle. And whatever else I forgot to pack. :)

Excitement! Terror! Thrills! Soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment